Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 Generations

This is the 5 generation picture. My Dad (Floyd Eugene Warren) is the baby, Vera May Behling (Warren) is his mother, then her mother (Hedvig Catherine Petersen Behling), then her mother (Johannah Diantha Rasmussen Petersen) and her mother (Annie C. Rasmussen, 90 years old)



The newspaper article that was published with this picture:

FAMILY HAS 5 GENERATIONS

Castle Dale Woman Has Eleven Children and 22 Grandchildren

Five Generations are represented in the family of Mrs. Annie C. Rasmussen, 90, of Castle Dale.
Born June 11, 1844, at Simm, Denmark, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Knudsen, Mrs. Rasmussen came to Salt lake City with her husband, Andrew, in 1874, and later moved to Moroni. In 1879, Mr. and Mrs. Rasmussen moved to Castle Dale, where she has since resided.
In addition to being the mother of 11 children, 22 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandson, Mrs. Rasmussen assisted in ushering hundreds of other new lives into the world. For 26 years she served as midwife and nurse in Emery county, having been set aside for this work by Patriarch Alexander Jameson. She assisted in 464 confinement cases
During 15 years of her service as a midwife, the nearest doctor was in Sanpete county.
In addition to her domestic duties, and her care of the sick, Mrs. Rasmussen served as a ward Relief society teacher for 35 years.
The names of the individuals whom, with Mrs. Rasmussen, represent five generations, are as follows: Mrs. Johanna D. Peterson, Helper; Mrs. Hedvig P. Behling, Castle Dale; Mrs. Vera B. Warren and Eugene Warren of Spring Canyon.

6 comments:

  1. Will you double check the birthdate? I don't see how that could be right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to the post about grandma, I hadn't read it yet but I know I saw it a couple of days ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Kathryn, the date has to be wrong. The newspaper article messed up, I checked it again... the date should be 1844. I'll change it. If you want access to this so that you can post stuff, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm not sure why you can't see the post about Grandma. I just finished her whole biography today. Let me know if you see any spelling errors, for some reason the spell check isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this! Johanna Diantha and Annie C. are my ancestors, too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. vera was my aunt. I live in slc ut

    ReplyDelete